Senior Procurement Buyer
Job Responsibilities and Requirements
(mbc.net) Job Objective:
- Lead Procurement cross-functional teams by coordinating all business activities to achieve purchase decisions, which deliver the highest quality, reliability, and value to meet the Company’s requirements through the development of strong business relationships and strategic alliances.
- Develop, advocate and implement sourcing and negotiation strategies for key spend areas to achieve short and long term savings targets.
- Evaluate submitted quotations on the basis of objective criteria using any agreed weightings and scoring process
- Negotiate with suppliers to agree contract terms and relationships that will achieve the interests of the organization
- Evaluate circumstances for the application of competitive relationships to improve value in the supply chain
- Evaluate the financial, commercial and technical capabilities of potential suppliers
- Identify the non-conformance of supplier performance and take necessary steps to rectify the same.
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with the preferred suppliers. Engage the suppliers in understanding the new innovations available in the market which can add value to the business.
- Conduct risk analysis on high spend commodities and suppliers; identify the opportunities for mitigation of such risks and carry out necessary steps.
- Assist or help in co-ordination of all post order activities on need basis until the material received in safe condition at the site and till the supplier gets paid.
- Ensure compliance with the organization’s procedures that cover the Procurement process
- Prepare and submit the various suits of reports to the supervisor on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the Procurement function. Basic experience of events industry will be an added value.
- Professional designation or certification, such as CIPS Advanced Diploma in Procurement & Supply, APICS (Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), or Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) program or advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Must have ERP system knowledge
- Flexibility to travel with short notice and to work with demanding schedule which can include weekend and holidays when there is an event.
- Fluent in English. Arabic speaking will be added advantage.
- Passionate about delivering results
- Strong Business Analytical and Planning skills
- Excellent proactive problem-solving skills.
- Strong background in Negotiations
- Must be dependable and show initiative to improve the overall throughput and financial goals of the organization.
- Ability to follow directives and procedures, along with ensuring compliance.