Metadata Executive - Arabic
Job Objective and Requirements
(mbc.net) Job Objective:
- Learn the language and writing style of MBC, internal subject matter experts (SMEs) and key leaders of the specialized topic to create audience appropriate messages.
- Create and maintain the Arabic language style guideline that aligns with and supports the English writing style guide, for usage in creating Arabic content for relevant directorates.
- Understand audience segmentation and create content appropriately for various target audiences.
- Continuously write, translate, edit and publish content within the MBC CMS.
- Track platform content changes and update the Arabic metadata with translations within hours of the English update.
- Write, edit, review, and proof-read materials in Arabic including but not limited to web pages, digital platforms and other content metadata distribution avenues.
- Support metadata creation for Digital Platforms
- Sourcing and editing appropriate imagery, synopses and metadata
- Researching content
- Following content through all internal workflows
- Troubleshooting where problems occur
- Checking that content arrives on various platforms on time and in the required quality
- Project work to constantly improve the accuracy, reach and appeal of MBC’s programme information.
- Using internal software to add and manage extra programme data (images, video clips, highlights, widescreen flags)
- Three years’ experience or training as a professional translator creating Arabic/Arabized content is essential.
- CV showcasing growing responsibilities in Arabic translations, writing, authoring, publishing or related experience will receive consideration
- No certificates are required, but translation or interpretation-relevant certificates advantages
- Media experience preferred