MBC Online Competition – 06/12/2012 – 30/01/2013
1. By entering this promotion, the participant will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and to have agreed to be bound by them.
2. The promotion is open to residents of the UK only and excluding employees of Promoter and their families, the Promoter's agents or anyone professionally associated with the promotion. Only one entry per person.
3. Participants must be 18 years old and over. Proof of identification may be required at the request of the Promoter.
4. Participants must have a valid passport.
5. Participants expressly declare and represent that they are individuals and not a company or any professional and/or commercial entity.
6. The competition will run from 06/12/2012 to 30/01/2013.
7. Method of Entry: The competition can be entered online via Expedia’s website where participants enter their contact details before linking through to www.mbc-Expedia.com where participants must log in to their Facebook account to participate and play in the competition.
8. Winner(s) agree(s) to participate in any publicity or promotional activities as may be reasonably required by the Promoter. Further the Promoter reserves the right to use the names and local areas of winners in any publicity.
For the winner of the accommodation-only prize stay from Intercontinental Abu Dhabi hotel subject to Interconctinental Abu Dhabi hotel standard terms and conditions as applicable:
There will be a total of 1 winner selected at the end of the competition who has completed the competition in the fastest time, and they will win the following prize:
* 4 nights/1 room stay in a deluxe room for two people, inclusive of buffet breakfast at Selections Restaurant, and subject to availability at time of reservations for the winner and 1 of his/her guests at The Intercontinental Hotel Abu Dhabi.
* Travel Period – 1st February to 31st December 2013.
The dates of the trip may also be subject to change due to rescheduling for reasons beyond Promoter’s control. In the event of rescheduling, the Grand Prize winner will be offered the Grand Prize on alternative dates, such dates to be communicated to the winner by Promoter or Authority within a reasonable time of the rescheduling.
Once the accommodation booking have been issued, they will not be modified. The Grand prize may not be combined with any other promotions or special offers. The Grand prize winner and their guest will be subject and shall behave in compliance with the regulations imposed by the corresponding authorities in their jurisdictions, the hotel, and any other service providers selected by the Promoter. The winner and their guest shall take the same accommodation, on the same date and time. If the Grand prize winner or their guest do not appear at the hotel on the date and time scheduled by the hotel, such winner will waive the right to the prize. Any other additional expense which has not been expressly stated by the Promoter in these Terms & Conditions, will be under the sole and entire responsibility of the winner and his or her guest, including but not limited to, visas and passports expenses and fees, airport taxes, applicable personal taxes arising in any jurisdiction, vaccination expenses, insurance costs, travel authorizations, additional trips, country entry and exit fees and taxes, tips, personal expenses, food and beverages, as well as any other expense not specified by the Promoter. Likewise, the winner and his or her guest are also solely responsible for meeting the requirements set forth by the corresponding authorities and for obtaining the necessary documentation for the trip, including but not limited to, visas, passports, and other permits if so required by any particular situation of the winner or their guest, as well as the vaccines requested by the country of destination.
In the event that a tourist visa is necessary and is denied, another Grand prize winner will be selected. Grand prize winners and their guest shall use the accommodation prize on the date indicated by the Promoter to be awarded the prize.
Accommodation prize must be taken by the 31 December 2013 and is subject to availability. Accommodation must be booked and confirmed prior to 30 June 2013. If the prize is not claimed within the specified time limit the prize will be forfeited. Prizes are non transferable and no substitutions or cash equivalents are permitted. Prizes must not be sold or auctioned. Any costs for additional rooms, services or nights not included in the prize must be booked through the hotel directly or independently. Accommodation and services may be subject to blackout periods and other restrictions. During peak times our flights may be too full to accommodate you. Date changes are not permitted after booking is made.
The winners and their guest fully agree they will take full and sole responsibility for their trip, and that they expressly assume they will travel at their own and only their risk regarding damages (directly or indirectly) related to the acceptance and participation in the trip.
10. The decision of the judge will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The winner will be selected at the end of the promotion and informed by direct email the following day, using the details provided by the winner on the contest submission. Each winner must claim and collect his/her prize by no later than 01st May 2013, 16:00 (GMT UK time). Accommodation must be booked and confirmed prior to 30 June 2013. In the event that, for any reason whatsoever, any winner does not or is not able to claim his/her prize by the stipulated time, whether due to a failure to comply with these Terms, or if the winner cannot be contacted from the details supplied, then the prize will be deemed forfeited. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any participant and select alternate winners at its sole discretion in the event of non-compliance with these Terms and any other requirements communicated by Promoter to participants.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate or modify the competition, modify these terms and conditions prior to the closing date, vary details of the prize, or substitute a prize of equivalent value should unforeseen circumstances require it. The Promoter is entitled to terminate or modify the competition or to modify these rules prior to the closing date by prior notice.
12. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and non-refundable and there is no cash alternative in whole or in part. The prize is subject to availability and in the event of circumstances outside of its control the promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar or alternative prize of equal or greater value. The prize must be taken by the winner unless agreed otherwise in writing by the Promoter.
13. Entries that are incomplete or late or those not in accordance with all the entry instructions are invalid. All submitted entries are the property of the Promoter and will not be returned.
14. No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
15. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any participant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, or at any website, including any injury to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
16. Promoter’s details: Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority registered at PO Box 94000, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
17. This competition and the terms and conditions thereof are governed by the laws of United Arab Emirates as applied in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and in the event of any dispute the competent courts in Abu Dhabi shall have jurisdiction.
Terms & Conditions
MBC Online Competition – 06/12/2012 – 30/01/2013