The Hunt for Red October
Set at the Height of the Cold war era, a USSR’s Commander steers his Sub towards the USA, creating a potentially deadly faceoff.
Production Year: 1990
March 31, 2016 16:30 (KSA) ~ March 31, 2016 15:30 (CLT)
An Adaptation of the book by renowned writer, Tom Clancy; The Hunt For Red October, starring Sean Connery as a Russian Submarine commander Marko Ramius, who sets the action in motion when he kills his trusted political adviser, and defies order, steering his Sub Red October en route towards the USA. The incident is an instant international political head turner. As the real intentions of the Red October and it’s commander remain obscure; Speculations run wild, some believes that the rogue commander is on his way to kick start a new World War, by firing missiles onto US installations. While other analysts insists that the commander is simply defecting the Russian army. With CIA eccentric analyst Jack Ryan (Alec Baldwin) as the only supporter of this theory, and must convince his superiors of the validity of his findings.
Considered as one of the most celebrated films of the period and the Godfather to numerous political Thrillers, The Hunt For Red October, is a superior tense Thriller, which will leave you on the edge, but also will leave you with a lot to think about.
- Sean Connery as Marko Ramius
- Alec Baldwin as Jack Ryan
- Scott Glenn as Bart Mancuso
- Sam Neil as Captain Vasili Borodin
- James Earl Jones as Admiral Greer
- Joss Ackland as Andrei Lysenko
- Richard Jordan as Jeffrey Pelt
- Peter Firth as Ivan Putin
- Tim Curry as Dr. Yevgeniy Petrov
- Courtney B. Vance as Seaman Jones
- Stellan Skarsgård as Captain Viktor Tupolev
Directed by: John McTeirnan