• Publication date: August 14, 2018


Vampires have overtaken the world and the human race faces extinction.

  • Publication date: August 14, 2018


Program data

Duration: 90

Production Year: 2009

MBC Max:

August 14, 2018 22:00 (KSA) ~ August 14, 2018 21:00 (CLT)

(mbc.net) In 2019 vampires make up 95% of the world's population, while humans account for the remaining 5%.  As human blood becomes more scarce, scientists are discovering that blood depraved vampires slowly transform into so-called subsiders: increasingly aggressive creatures with bat-like characteristics.

Hematologist Edward Dalton (Ethan Hawke) and his colleagues at the Bromley Marks pharmaceutical company are attempting to synthesize a human blood substitute, with little success.  When Dalton discovers a way to transform vampires back into humans, he believes it is an ideal solution.  Unfortunately the world's vampires will not give up immortality willfully.

Daybreakers earned $51 million at the box office, more than twice its budget.


  • Ethan Hawke
  • Willem Dafoe
  • Claudia Karvan
  • Michael Dorman
  • Sam Neill
  • Vince Colosimo
  • Isabel Lucas