Kramer vs. Kramer
A devastating drama about a divorced man struggles with his new task of caring for his son while fighting in court for custody.
Production Year: 1979
May 20, 2014 16:00 (KSA) ~ May 20, 2014 15:00 (CLT)
Ted Kramer (Dustin Hoffman) is a workaholic and nothing comes before work for him, not even his wife Joanna Kramer (Meryl Streep) and his son, his wife has had enough and files for divorce and leaves their home and son Billy behind her for Ted to care for. Ted’s life is turned upside down, struggling to balance his new housekeeping shores and taking care of his son, and his professional life. A long adjusting curve ahead filled with laughs and emotional moments, and soon Ted is enjoying more and more his newfound fatherhood. Until Joanna resurfaces suddenly in their lives wanting to take Billy away, to which Ted opposes strongly, and soon a custody battle is raging in the courtrooms.
Kramer vs. Kramer is a deeply observed and realized drama film, a slow meditation on modern life and parenthood and the many obstacles in the way.
- Dustin Hoffman as Ted Kramer
- Meryl Streep as Joanna Kramer
- Justin Henry as Billy Kramer
- Jane Alexander as Margaret Phelps
- Petra King as Petie Phelps
- Melissa Morell as Kim Phelps
- Howard Duff as John Shaunessy
- George Coe as Jim O'Connor
- JoBeth Williams as Phyllis Bernard
- Howland Chamberlain as Judge Atkins
- Dan Tyra as Court Clerk
Directed by: Robert Benton