In Love and War
A biographical love story largely inspired by legendary writer Ernest Hemingway’s days in the army during WWI.
In Love and War
Production Year: 1996
December 27, 2014 16:00 (KSA) ~ December 27, 2014 15:00 (CLT)
The film is an adaptation of the book Hemingway in Love and War, which in turn was based on legendary writer Ernest Hemingway’s experience during his days spent as a soldier based in Italy during WWI. The story focuses on a particular event, when Ernest (Chris O’Donnell) was injured on the battle field and sent to a military hospital where he shared a room with Henry S. Villard, the author of the book on which this film is based. The Story details, his meeting and falling in love with his nurse Agnes Von Kurowsky (Sandra Bullock), even though the director took a lot of liberties in retelling the story it still holds the “emotional intensity” of Hemingway’s own writing. More than a story about war, or love, the film transcends its limitation becoming a universal tale of hope and triumph in face of dark time.
Love will always be the answer.
- Mackenzie Astin as Henry Villard
- Chris O'Donnell as Ernest 'Ernie' Hemingway
- Margot Steinberg as Mabel 'Rosie' Rose
- Sandra Bullock as Agnes von Kurowsky
- Alan Bennett as Porter
- Ingrid Lacey as Elsie 'Mac' MacDonald
- Terence Sach as Porter
- Carlo Croccolo as Town Mayor
- Tara Hugo as Katherine 'Gumshoe' De Long
- Gigi Vivan as Italian Child
- Giuseppe Bonato as Grandfather
- Allegra Di Carpegna as Loretta Cavanaugh
- Diane Witter as Adele Brown
Directed by: Richard Attenborough