Chariots of Fire
Two athletes with deep motivations run the race of their life at the 1924 Olympics.
Production Year: 1981
December 29, 2014 15:30 (KSA) ~ December 29, 2014 14:30 (CLT)
“Chariots of Fire” is a historical drama based on actual events. It follows two athletes in the 1924 Olympics, from two different backgrounds and motivations. Eric Liddell is a devout Christian who is running for the glory of God, while Harold Abrahams an English Jew who is running to overcome prejudice and the prevailing anti Semitism sentiments of the times.
While the story focuses on their respective achievement during the events, and the fame that followed; The film is also a time capsule to a different era and customs, an era plagued by wars and instability all over Europe.
What transcend though, is a universal story of steely determination and the power of will in face of adversity.
- Nicholas Farrell as Aubrey Montague
- Nigel Havers as Lord Andrew Lindsay
- Ian Charleson as Eric Liddell
- Ben Cross as Harold Abrahams
- Daniel Gerroll as Henry Stallard
- Ian Holm as Sam Mussabini
- John Gielgud as Master of Trinity
- Lindsay Anderson as Master Caius
- Nigel Davenport as Lord Birkenhead
- Cheryl Campbell as Jennie Liddell
Directed by: Hugh Hudson