Jack Nicholson is “Schmidt”, a newly retired man on a trip to attend his daughter’s wedding, goes through a soul-searching journey.
Production Year: 2002
August 11, 2017 15:30 (KSA) ~ August 11, 2017 14:30 (CLT)
(mbc.net) All his life Warren Schmidt (jack Nicholson) played it safe, working at an insurance company, leading a normal mundane existence; now faced with his impending retirement. With plenty of free time now, Schmidt is now facing the man in the mirror, and reconsidering his past choices in life. He receives an invitation, to his estranged daughter’s wedding, and decides to take the trip. His journey will prove a very interior trip, where he will assess his whole existence, and comes to very hard realization about him self and life in the process.
Jack Nicholson, in one of his best performances as Schmidt a man facing the remaining of the days. A bittersweet road trip into our very human existence; A movie of self-discovery and self acceptance. Above all, this is a film about redemption, and second chances. Not to be missed!
- Jack Nicholson as Warren Schmidt
- Kathy bates as Roberta Hertzel
- Hope Davis as Jeannie Schmidt
- Dermot Mulroney as Randall Hertzel
- June Squibb as Helen Schmidt
- Howard Hessmen as Larry Hertzel
- Harry Groener as John Rusk
- Connie Ray as Vicky Rusk
- Len Cariou as Ray Nichols
- Phil Reeves as Minister in denver
Directed by: Alexander Payne