A Thousand Acres
A modern re-imagining of Shakespeare’s “King Lear” set in Iowa.
Production Year: 1997
May 14, 2014 16:00 (KSA) ~ May 14, 2014 15:00 (CLT)
A Thousand Acres is a modern adaptation of “King Lear”, transported to the farming setting in Iowa. The Story revolves around an American family and their rendezvous with tragedy on their land. A slew of characters are involved, the father daughters and their husbands.
The dramatic plot catalyst, in both “King Lear” and this adaptation, is the division of the father’s land and farming estate among the three siblings, provoking bitter rivalry among the family, which will soon escalade to full blow tragedy.
- Michelle Pfeiffer as Rose Cook Lewis
- Jessica Lange as Ginny Cook Smith
- Jason Robards as Larry Cook
- Jennifer Jason Leigh as Caroline Cook
- Colin Firth as Jess Clark
- Keith Carradine as Ty Smith
- Kevin Anderson as Peter Lewis
- Pat Hingle as Harold Clark
- John Carroll Lynch as Ken LaSalle
- Anne Pitoniak as Mary Livingstone
- Vyto Ruginis as Charles Carter
- Michelle Williams as Pammy
- Elisabeth Moss as Linda
- Ray Toler as Marv Carson
Directed by: Jocelyn Moorhouse