The Thirteenth Floor
A dizzying mystery, revolving around a murder investigation bridging two parallel worlds: Real life and a Computer Simulation.
Production Year: 1999
January 12, 2017 18:00 (KSA) ~ January 12, 2017 17:00 (CLT)
(mbc.net) The Thirteenth Floor has achieved cult statues among Film Fanatics, and has passed the test of time with flying colors. An impressive Sci-Fi offering, that will leave you thinking for days, doubting your own conclusion. The story line revolves around the mysterious murder of Hannon Fuller (Armin Mueller-Stahl) a computer programmer and inventor of a simulated world replica of the 1930’s LA, populated by artificial humans unaware of their reality. The only lead in the investigation is a note left by Fuller in the hand of a Bartender in the simulated world! The prime suspect in the murder is Fuller partner Douglas Hall (Craig Bierbo) to whome the note was addressed.
It’s impossible to talk about “The Thirteenth Floor”, without revealing plot spoilers and twists. An immersive experience for all the senses, a world with increasingly blurry borders between what is real and what is imagined and projected, Both Physical and Philosophical. A Sci-Fi Mystery on par with the best the genre has to offer.
- Craig Bierko as John Ferguson (1937), Douglas Hall (1990s), and David (2024)
- Gretchen Mol as Natasha Molinaro (1990s) and Jane Fuller (2024)
- Armin Mueller-Stahl as Grierson (1937) and Hannon Fuller (1990s and 2024)
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Jerry Ashton (1937) Jason Whitney (1990s)
- Dennis Haysbert as Detective Larry McBain
- Shiri Appleby as Bridget Manilla
- Leon Rippy as Jane's Lawyer
- Rif Hutton as Joe
- Janet MacLachlan as Ellen
- Steven Schub as Detective Zev Bernstein
Directed by: Josef Rusnak