System Administrator - Jordan
Job Responsibilities and Requirements
(mbc.net) Job Objective:
- Manage Red Hat Enterprise, CentOS and Ubuntu Servers;
- Maintain the systems, applications and infrastructure;
- Create backup and recovery policies;
- Monitor network communication;
- Update the system as soon as a new version of OS and the application software comes out;
- Password and identity management;
- Cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Openstack etc;
- Systems/applications/servers performance tuning;
- Contribute to and maintain system standards;
- Manage all internet applications including, but not limited to DNS, DHCP, FTP, Tomcat, LDAP, Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, Sendmail, EximPostifix, MySQL, Postgres, GIT, SVN, Nagios, Munin, and Puppet.
- Analyze system logs and identify potential issues;
- Introduce and integrate new technologies into existing environments.
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- 1-9 years of relevant experience
- Problem solving skills; the ability to decide on the best solution for existing problems.
- Proficiency in writing scripts, and maintaining backups;
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task;
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people;
- Regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues; administrator may resolve problems within established practices;
- Accomplish work with minimal supervision;
- Analytical thinking;
- Work proficiently and accurately under time constraints and deadlines.
The position is based in Amman – Jordan
Qualified candidates are requested to email their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org